October 9, 2019

flower-hour ;)

Hey there beautiful soul, how did you end up here? 😉 Some tiny flower-power (hence the little wordplay of the title) I borrowed from Mother Nature. As a prop to show a little something of what I haven't been able to finish yet, just as an excuse to have some fun shooting a couple of pics.


I'll save you the reasons for my long absence, whoever even reads this after being m.i.a. for so long. I still love it, but I'm not sure what my blogging future is going to be like, what I am realistically able to do but it will always be what I can. Because I'm still crazy passionate about miniatures and continue to be working on them whenever I can to keep creating what I love so much.


The rare possibilities I've had I've been working on a simple and mostly cardboard/printed scene*, but I haven't gotten very far yet. See photo below for where I'm at with one part of it, a rustic/industrial coffeetable.
*while hoping I'd suddenly remember where the hek I put away my tiny leadballs
😇 that I need to proceed on my working blender. The irony is that I put them somewhere with the intention to easily find them again, haha!

I just had to show a close up of the mantleshelf, isn't it gorgeous?
I love the way Mother Nature provides us with the perfect things to use for our projects, like this rustic shelf that's just one of a box of pieces of driftwood I once ordered from a flower- or hobbywebshop
Then I realized there might be perfect to scale miniature flowers in a gorgous bouquet of flowers I received recently (I usually always check for those right away and dry them 😉), and there were. So I used them as an excuse to photograph those and to be able to finally use/show at least part of what's in the scene I mentioned. And to show my face again so to speak because I've missed hanging out here!

The lovely & perfect crackle vase is by Elisabeth Causeret of course, the mannequin was a Kit by Queenie Miniatures (don't remember the webshop, but different ones worldwide used to sell this kit if you're interested in one) you may remember I once dressed up with fabric that I distressed and added clay arm-thingies to, as well as the name of a fashionbrand 'Lanvin' (the oldest French fashion house actually). And if you've been a follower for a while you probably remember my 'Murphy's-Law'-working-tablefan. The mantle is the half of a small, elongated box painted with stonepaint, the frame I borrowed from my drawing to frame the quote that was my last years new year's outlook/wish (the scene had meant to be for Christmas 2018) I printed on cardstock and the mantle-shelf is a piece of driftwood from a bunch I once ordered from an online flower- or hobbyshop, like the flowers, made by Mother Nature and I absolutely love it!

Hope you like it, but it already served its purpose because I had fun photographing & showing it 😊

And below what's going to be part of the actual scene, a treetrunk-coffeetable I've been able to work on a bit of and on a while ago. I had been thinking of a way to get the wheels to turn/spin so they'll 'swing' in all directions just like normal tablewheels would (not thát difficult) while also firmly attached to the trunk (which was the challenging bit and I still need to find out I'll get it that way when I get to that). Although it's nothing electrical or spectacular, I think it's fun!

The treetrunk is another fabulous creation by Mother Nature by the way. It's a slice of petrified wood I found online a couple of years ago and thought would make a great rustic/industrial coffeetable. It's polished which I don't like, but fortunately only on one side, so my top is actually the bottom, the unpolished side. Oh and the wheels are metal ones I ordered once at Art of Mini, just in case anyone wants some (if they still have those that is).

That's it for now, I hope to be back with more in not too long, take care!

17 comments:

  1. Hello, Monique.

    This is a lovely scene (and yes, I remember your Murphy's law fan!). I hope to see you around here again soon, and that you are well.

    Thank you for sharing your love of miniatures with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome and thank you Azteclady, that's so kind :D. I hope I will be someday (I've been futher from well than you could possibly imagine for many years now). Anything I've ever done and shown only the result of rarely possible tiny steps that others wouldn't even bother making - and under extreme circumstances - that do ultimately result in something. I hope to be back soon too! Take care, Monique

      Delete
    2. I am sorry to know you are not well; I hope taking those tiny steps helps cheer you up. I wish you joy and that someday you will feel much better.

      Delete
    3. That's so sweet of you, thank you! They definitely do and I hope so too: I've got things to do and places to go haha! Thanks for your support dear, it means a lot.

      Delete
  2. You may not come out often, but when you do it's worth the wait! Lovely items and a lovely scene. Someday, you will have the time you'd like to explore more with minis. When you do, we'll all be here waiting to share them with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so sweet of you, thank you Jodi! I actually have all the time in the world ;), but I definitely like to be able to do that someday and it's so wonderful to still have people waiting for that when I do!

      Delete
  3. Your quiet scene with the mini flower seems a perfect way to keep your fingers in the mini pie Monique! I also love the driftwood mantle that nature's flowers are sitting on too!
    That extraordinary fan and now your tree trunk table on mini castors; looks Incredible!
    The things you do are so unique and so real that it is always a Pleasure to visit here and as Jodi has said so well: "Worth the Wait!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth, that's so sweet and such a wonderful compliment (I discovered a comment by you on my YT-channel not too long ago btw I had never seen/noticed that still needed approval from early 2018...). I really wasn't sure I had anyone still coming to or being interested in my blog (and would understand this perfectly btw with so much time away) and wasn't the point of posting, but I can't deny it's really nice I still do :D.

      Delete
  4. Wow beautiful! And I love the driftwood :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda, so great to see you! I absolutely love the driftwood too :D

      Delete
  5. Hi Monique!!! I have missed seeing posts from you! It is great to know you are still in the "mini" worlds! I LOVE the scene with the tiny blossoms... Mother Nature does it Soooo well... and you have spotted the perfect way to display them! The mantel is gorgeous, and Of course, I remember your Fan! (I am a Great Fan of your Incredible mini Working switch and real motor Fan!!!) Not to mention making every single part of it! You are just plain Awesome!!! It's great to see you here again, and I look forward to seeing those mini wheels on the go! :):) (But no rush!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey dear Betsy, it's so great to hear from you and I've missed you all too! As always thank you for your kindness and enthusiasm :D. I look forward to that too dear!

      Delete
  6. I'm came about your blog from searching youtube for window shades. I'm brand new to the mini world I was gifted a dollhouse that was started in 1959. It is now in need of as much love as was put into it for many years. The gentleman whom gave it to me was 96. He and his wife who passed a number of years ago enjoyed it so. Now I'm off to search your blog to see if I can learn to make those blinds. Thank you very much for continuing the Joy. Lana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lana, I guess a warm welcome to the amazing world of miniatures is in order! It's so nice to have you and thank you for sharing how it came into your life. The couple's beloved house seems to have found the perfect new owner and I'm sure you will restore and improve it to something entirely new. Miniatures can become quite addictive, but it's the most positive kind of addiction I know ;). I hope you found my tutorial for the blinds by now, but in case you haven't here's the link: http://fabulouslysmall.blogspot.com/2015/10/tutorial-of-working-roman-blinds-its.html?m=1. If there's anything you come across that you might need help with (blinds or otherwise), don't hesitate to ask and I'll do my best to help you myself with advice or guide you to a place you might find it if I can't. Good luck with your project, but mostly: enjoy! Warm regards, Monique

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete