July 30, 2024

12th scale park-bench picnic for one

A summery scene on a really nice summer's day, here in the Netherlands anyway. Taken by the Oldtique Store owner (who oddly has no name nor face, haha 😁) combining her visit to the park with some lunch.


A great opportunity to showcase some things I haven't before, like the gorgeous pinkish-purple foxglove created by the lovely Carla Zandvliet I fell in love with at the Arnhem Fair in 2017 or 2018 (the plant, not the miniaturist 😉). The hamburger, tempting not just 12th scale people's senses but mine as well (you'll find a close up further in this post), is from the vèry gifted Tristatin (Etsy; looking up the name to be able to share here I just discovered they are no longer selling, unfortunately...)

I've been preparing this little scene for some time now (like finding and able to get printed the right type of grass-image) which includes a kit of a cast iron parkbench I've had for ages I wanted to create a scene with. An overview of the stages is further below.




She will pick up that empty orange carton that fell on the ground before she leaves, don't worry 😉


the knitted cardigan is from LindenRoseMiniatures (Etsy) you may remember from 'knitted mini-bliss', the bag I made myself (it's in my post 'baggin' it'), the framed sign also by me from my early mini-days; the banana-peel I have no clue ;), and the Coca Cola bottle is actually a 6th scale smaller 'glass' bottle that I liked to use as a multiple servings one. Oh, and the bush on the left is from an online modeltrain store from somewhere, anywhere; it's been too long. I didn't even know I had it, stumbled across it looking for something, was pleasantly surprised and of course had to add it

The bench itself was super easy as you can imagine, as it's pretty straight forward. Getting all the wooden slats in without falling out while gluing and to keep it straight while drying not so much ;). But it looks great I think and I'm super happy with it. I don't remember where I got it from, I'm pretty sure at least not Etsy, but it's also been too long 😊 so I can't refer to a webshop for anyone interested in getting one.

I decided to add a center strip for a bit more interest and because I think a lot of these types of benches have that

So, now a close up of that de-li-scious looking burger from Tristatin. Isn't it super realistic? It's a tiny bite for a human and probably not very tasty (or smart) to put in my mouth but dang, it's tempting, lol 😂 



Because the sun was so intense causing a massive glare on my camera screen, I had a hard time seeing what I was even doing. And although the rest was better than I expected, this one turned out completely out of focus with a lot of my scene set-up showing. But I thought it might be nice to use it, as a 'behind-the-scene' type shot. With the bushes now fallen over behind the bench, because I hadn't been able to secure it properly (long story), but it actually looks pretty good like that 😁.


That's it for now, but I'll be back in not too long with something I've been putting together. Which was all meant to be one post with this parkbench-scene, but it would get wayy too much to publish it all at once anyway, while I also haven't been able to finish that yet, so it makes all the sense to post them separately.

I had fun as always, I hope you enjoyed it as well and I'll have more soon!

6 comments:

  1. Hey Monique! It looks fabulous! Lol! :):) (Very punny of me) That hamburger really is tempting! It must be time for supper because I am suddenly really hungry! :) And finally getting to some of the kits we bought soooo long ago is always fun. Isn't it a good thing you bought those treasures when you did??? Now they are harder to find.... blogs are slow.... times change! The bench looks really perfect and the lunch you (she) packed is reallly tempting... I am always happy to see more of your Fabulous mini projects, so please keep them coming! :):):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Betsy! Hahaha, very punny indeed :D and thank you! I know, right? I was crazy hungry the entire shoot because of that mouthwatering subject in my lens, lol! Absolutely, sometimes being a bit impulsive (and miniatures definitely inspires that) isn't such a bad thing I guess, so glad I'm not the only one ;). Yeah, I heard, and I'm one of the reasons since I've not been around much at all for several years now... Thanks so much for stopping by and your lovely and fun comment as always such a pleasure!

      Delete
  2. Un rincón muy apetecible de disfrutar al final de un día caluroso.
    Un saludo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas gracias Marian, me alegra saber que te gusta mi pequeña escena; y ahora que lo pienso: ese cárdigan era bastante innecesario en ese tipo de día, no tengo idea de por qué lo arrastraba consigo ;). Gracias por tu amable comentario y saludos para ti también!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. ¡Gracias Isabel, por detenerte y dejar un comentario! (butteh..., who is Lana? 😏)

      Delete