My minilaptop keeps troubling me. Today I very carefully peeled away the tape that holds it to the base holding my breath not to damage them, or loosen the very fragile soldering the leds came with (happened too many times handeling them before, and then needing replacement because the leds are so tiny and therefore the soldering so specialistic and I wouldn't even think of trying that. So the lights become useless when that occurs) and reconnected the wires by twisting them firmly, as firmly as I could with a tweezer in their awkward positions (not possible to just put them aside to eachother and twist), although I thought I did.
But now - since it can't be in that connection anymore - it seems there's something wrong with it all together, sigh.... They light up, flicker a bit and then go out again. Sometimes it keeps flickering or lights up normally, but never for long (the testlight I always use to be sure it's the lights that don't work when nothing happens, that is connected to the same transformer on the side stays on, so it's not the current itself that's interrupted and I also checked the plug of the wires, they are also connected fine). But a few testrounds later (without having done anything about it, just switch on and of the lights a couple of times more) it suddenly stayed on... I wiggled the wires the screen is connected to, to see if it would hold and it did, lights work. Mmmmm... annoying! I can't figure out if there's something wrong with the wiring/lights or not? And if it's a good idea to just build the frame (closing it with milliput, not being able to access it ever again!). I already thought about at least working with it with the lights on, so I'll immidiately know when it might stop working. To prevent the surprise when nothing can't be done anymore.
It also made me think again about the solution Pepper gave me a while back, since I just want to move on with it, regardless the (high) cost of the tiny leds I've already had (and the ones blown up in the process..) and all the efforts that went into that part so far. But the connection/pins of that solution that are to be connected to the wiring look too big and long, regarding it's measurements (1,7"x3,75"= 4,25x9,4cm). I know I can adjust the light itself (by cutting to the right size and all but one 'plug' can go), but I mean the one plug itself.