December 4, 2014

mock-up Oldtique Store

because the Oldtique Store is still nothing more than the entrance and stuff to put in it, I really felt like seeing what it will look like. So I recently put together a supersimple cardboard mock-up.. meaning a folded piece of cardboard and some folded pieces of card with prints of the wallpaper and a (out of scale) brick wall taped to it.


but it gives a very good idea and I like it! Imagine this made from mdf, with a floor, decent walls and the real paper and wooden wainscoting, a proper ceiling, lights and filled with lot's of stuff, not just this selection of all the great stuff I already have and will have/make for this store to be. Oh right, and a facade of course ;)

this is what some thought was the Oldtiquestore, but were just setups, the playing around with 'antiques' and the presentation of my mannequins: an mdf-corner I once ordered and used for some of the other scenes as well. This time with a piece of scrappaper just folded over a windowopening that's behind there and hanging over the edge (often tilting over the mantels when I added or moved something ;) as had just happened right before I took the photo on the left)
my boyfriend will start building the real thing the beginning of next year, but I just had to get an idea sooner. Not because I'm impatient I must add: he's had the mdf cut in 2010 already and he wanted to build it for me then too - or as soon as possible. But due to circumstances really was no option before and unfortunately I couldn't or can't do it myself either. But he finally can and I'm thrilled about that!

and this is why I wanted the entrance to be able to seperate from the steps: so you can have a good view inside the store, while maintaining a complete base.
although it seems that way in these pictures, it will not be a pitched (or halfpitched) roof/ceiling. But I must say would look great seeing the way the cardboard on the left (unintentionally) is. It is meant to be just flat/straight and will have small planking across and 'beams' in length. But maybe something is possible with that ceiling, because I must say the extra height is fitting for the space and the pitched sides make it a bit more interesting... mmm.
the desk, like in this set-up, will go in a space behind the shop itself, which will be lower (streetlevel). There will also be room for a bit of storage, a kitchenette (including the desk-area all one space) and a toilet
I really like this view through the glass into the store.

unfortunately the door has been loose for quite a while. My boyfriend dropped something on the entrance last year or so and it got disconnected as was the diagonal bar to push the door open.

luckily that was all, the structure itself was still very solid, thanks to the double epoxy glue I guess! The letterbox I removed at some point because I wanted to have an opening one and was supposed to be delivered about a year ago with some other items, but despite emailing, a call, a promise it would come and some more emailing, still hasn't arrived ;)

22 comments:

  1. Hi Monique!
    I see your store will be stunning! love all things you already did, I wait for news :-)

    Magda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tnx Magda, great to hear! Haha, yes I do too, can't wait to make/finish and show new things!

      Delete
  2. It's good to pull everything together so that you get an idea of how it will look. I think it's going to be amazing when you've finished it Monique. I'm really looking forward to seeing updates from you =0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pepper, so great to hear you like it! I'll be happy bringing updates, can't wait :D

      Delete
  3. Hi Monique, leuk om te zien dat je een tijdelijk opstelling hebt gemaakt, ik hoop dat je er binnenkort gelegenheid en tijd voor zult krijgen. Het ziet er zo al mooi uit, laat staan.......nou, ben benieuwd hoe het gaat worden in het echie ;O!
    Groetjes, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hai Ilona, alle tijd/gelegenheid van de wereld, dat is het (helaas) niet, ik ben fysiek echt niet in staat om het te doen, maar mijn vriend wil het gelukkig doen en die gaat er als het goed is in januari mee beginnen, leuk leuk leuk! Dank voor je compliment, ik ben ook benieuwd hoe het gaat worden, maar heb er een goed gevoel over ;D

      Delete
  4. great idea to do a mock-up. Im loving it already!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Un bonito proyecto y lo tienes muy bien planteado.
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Monique
    I love the mock up of the shop you have done, it gives a real idea of how it will look. It's also one of the most exciting pets of the design - I think anyway.
    I can't wait to see how it all comes together.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon, it does give a good idea doesn't it? It definately is a very exciting part and I can't wait to see it all coming together either! :D

      Delete
  7. Bummer about the mailbox, but it's looking great! I cant wait to see it all finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, isn't it? But I'll get one someday and in the meantime mail can very well be thrown through the opening there is, lot easier for the mailman of -woman ;)

      Delete
  8. Hoi Monique, leuk om zo aan deze kant te kijken naar je creatieve proces!
    Geen twijfel dat dit een super project wordt die veel mensen aan zal spreken (mij!mij!! :) )
    In eerste instantie spreken me vooral de gebruikte kleuren erg aan, geeft de ruimte iets heel intiems en toch ook de kriebel om er lekker rond te struinen.
    Door je opzet is het goed te visualiseren. Ben ookerrug benieuwd naar het vervolg :)
    Groetjes
    Gee

    Waardeloos he als je je ergens op verheugt en ze leveren niet :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erg leuk dat je zo enthousiast bent Gee! Ja he? Ik vind hetzelfde qua kleuren, het geeft het zeker iets intiems en in mijn post "playing with antiques" toen ik het scrappapier voor het eerst gebruikte gewoon omdat ik iets als achtergrond nodig had, ontdekte ik dat donkere kleuren eea mooi uit laten komen. Het klopt ofzo met hoe ik het graag wil en welke sfeer ik wil weergeven.

      ja, stom he? snap het ook echt niet, maar goed, zo gaan die dingen soms he? ;)

      Delete
  9. Hello Monique! I think that this store is going to be simply FABULOUS! I love the plans that you have in store for it. I had always assumed that the store was already built so this posting comes as a bit of a surprise because having seen as Adored your entrance, I had just taken it for granted that there was a finished space already in existence. You certainly had me fooled but your camera work is Superb and as is every project that you have undertaken. You really have an eye for the details, so I am eagerly looking forward to watching this store behind the doors, develop. :D

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Elizabeth for your great compliments! Haha, I had that impression from a few commenters before, but that's not weird at all with the way I photographed and there was definately the illusion of a store. I think it's great that others are looking forward with me, makes it even more fun!

      Delete
  10. hoi Monique,
    Ik heb je berichten op mijn blog gelezen maar krijg om de een of andere reden een ervan niet op mn blog.
    Wil je even laten weten hoe ontzettend attent ik je bericht vind en dat ik het bijzonder waardeer.
    Dank je wel!!
    Groetjes,
    Gee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heel graag gedaan hoor meissie, vond het fijn je dat toch nog te laten weten en ik ben blij dat jij daar zo blij mee bent :D.

      Delete