July 27, 2011

not lazy, just smart ;) OR IS IT.....?

Plants and flowers, beautiful in miniature and really add character and realism to scenes, but I have to confess that I'm not very tempted to make them.. I would want to, but so many tiny leaves and to be able to make it all realistic, I was'nt keen on starting it in the near future. Then I saw some weeds between gardentiles that reminded me of a plant and thought: what if I can do something to make it stay green and let it pass for a miniaturehouseplant? And there a lazy-women's-method for miniatureplants was born.



They don't stay as firm and green as when you've just processed them, butttt.... I think it's very realistic (the tiny veins!) and how many people do you know with plants in their house that look like they've just been bought? With some cordstoppers (like used in jackets) and a beadcap as pots I now have houseplants in a few simple and easy steps.

--> UPDATE: UNFORTUNATELY THEY DON'T STAY LIKE THAT... THE PROCESS OF DYING IS SERIOUSLY SLOWED DOWN BY THIS METHOD, BUT STILL GOES ON. SO I MUST ADMIT THAT THIS ISN'T THE WAY TO GO IF YOU WANT NICE PLANTS (=NOT COMPLETELY DEAD IN A FEW MONTHS TIME), THE IDEA WASN'T AS GOOD AS I THOUGHT/HOPED IT WOULD BE.. SO: PLANT MAKING IT IS THEN, SOMEDAY...
The foto directly above is from the plants when I had just recently sprayed and potted them and their still quite green and firm. After a number of days (more than a week) especially the left 'plant' started to hang a bit and lost some of it's green colour (2 first photo's). I was a bit sad because I absolutely loved how the left plant looked here, although I'm also very happy with how it's right now (BUT NOT NOW, SINCE THEY ARE AS GOOD AS DEAD, SEVERAL MONTHS AFTER I POSTED THIS).
THESE WERE ANOTHER SET OF MINIATURE HOUSEPLANTS I THOUGHT WERE GONNA LAST AND I PUT THESE PHOTO'S AMONG OTHERS IN A TUTORIAL ABOUT IT.

I LOVED THEM SO MUCH, BUT ARE UNFORTUNATELY ALSO VERY DEAD BY NOW AND I THEREFORE REMOVED THE TUTORIAL ...

2 comments:

  1. :)))) Ik moest zo lachen toen ik dit las, want geloof mij, er zullen een heleboel mensen zijn die dit illustere idee hebben gehad, maar er niet zo open over hebben geschreven. Ik herken het zo! De natuur maakt die kleine blaadjes zó perfect! Waarom namaken als je ze ook kan proberen te gebruiken!? Ze zien er ook werkelijk prachtig uit, zo net na het maken... nuja, weer wat geleerd, toch? :))) en leuk dat je daar op deze manier over schrijft :D
    Fijn weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grinnik.. echt waar? Tja, kon me al niet voorstellen dat niemand dat nog bedacht had, haha. Ik heb zeker wat geleerd en ik koester gewoon de foto's, want voor even had ik toch hele mooie realistische plantjes ;)

      Delete